Flow 16" Custom 10 spd Bike
- Weight - 20lb / 9 kg
- Can convert between 16" & 20" frame and wheel sizing (with kit)
- Can convert to single speed for dirt jumping
- Note- Every bike is custom built for the individual rider. The parts shown in photo's are for representation. Your bike will be just as unique once you choose your options.
- Updated for Spring 2019 - SDG Components has launched a new kids specific control kit with narrower diameter handle bars and lock on grips for smaller hands. Kid specific 90mm nylon platform pedals with replaceable pins and a color matched Fly jr saddle. We put these kits on our own kids bikes and love them so much, they now come stock on all orders. You can choose from one of our 8 different graphic colors but please note SDG kits are only available in Black, Hot Pink, Neon Green and Cyan / Blue
Drivetrain Information - 16" and 20" bikes require thoughtfull drivetrain engineering with special considerations. 16" bikes require a short cage derailuer and on 2.6 + size tires we lock out the top cog to minimize derailuer / tire interferance. This leaves you with an 11-34, 9sd cassette on a 16" wheel which is still great gearing. 20" wheels require a short cage or medium cage derailuer and can be run with a wide range of 7-11 spd cassettes and drivetrains. Drivetrains don't all shift the same, cheap systems are clunky, heavy and hard to engauge. We spec a higher performance drivetrain to make shifting easier for kids.
+Cranks - Custom hollow spindle, lightweight 104BCD. 20" bikes come with 135mm crank length. 16" bikes come with 105mm crank length
+SRAM GX - 10spd Rear Derailur
+X-5 - index shifter
+PG 1031, 11-36 10spd lightweight cassette
+PG 1030, 10spd chain
+ Jagwire cable
Note - 16" bikes come setup in short reach mode. This can be adjusted as your child grows. 20" bikes come with an option to chose short or long reach setup.
After 3 years of prototyping and refinements, the new Flow hardtail is available for the next generation of riders. Available as complete bikes or Frame and Fork packages, the new frame features a wide array of progressive design elements including adjustable dropouts for 16" & 20" wheels. 1.5 degrees of adjustable geometry via dual dropout mounting positions. And the key feature which sets this frame apart from all others, an integrated eccentric headset system which truly allows the frame length to grow with your child. Custom tuned suspension and only the highest quality parts round out complete bikes. 3 frame color options and interchangeable Graphic color kits means every bike is as unique as the kid that designs it. Frames including dropouts and headset system weigh 2.11 lbs. Complete bikes weights 21lb / 9.5 kg. This bikes comes setup with a wide range 10spd Sram GX drivetrain. The dropouts can pull horizontal tension which allows the bike to also be setup single speed for dirt jumping or bike park style riding.
Frame 6061 Aluminum X X Fork
X X Wheels
135mm, 2 piece
X X Brakes
Tektro Auriga WS
Drivetrain 16T single speed GX 10spd GX 10spd Handlebars Answer X
Seatpost Race Face Alloy
BOX or SDG
30mm or 50mm
X X Tires
X X Seat FLOW- FR X BOX or FLOW Grips Sensus X X
- At Flow we work hard to create the best bikes at the most accesible pricing. You've chosen the geared build kit, these upgrades are still available
- 16" wheels and dropouts
- Carbon All Mountain Build kit with gears
Geometry High / short Low / Long Headtube 68' 67' Seatube 73' 72' Reach 301mm +/- 8mm 301mm +/-8mm
431 +/-8mm 431 +/-8mm Chainstay
16" wheels -
Front Center 516mm 524mm Rear Center 280mm 320mm